ORIJEN Regional Red Dog Food
BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ | ALL LIFE STAGES
FRESH ANGUS BEEF, WILD BOAR, PLAINS BISON, ROMNEY LAMB & YORKSHIRE PORK
FROM DACHSHUNDS TO GREAT DANES, ALL DOGS POSSESS A BIOLOGICAL NEED FOR A DIET RICH AND VARIED IN FRESH WHOLE ANIMAL INGREDIENTS.
- With 38% richly nourishing protein and a limited 18% low-glycemic carbohydrates, REGIONAL RED nourishes all breeds and life stages according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- Unmatched by any other dog food, 2/3 of ORIJEN’s meats are FRESH (refrigerated, no preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, no preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients.
- 1/3 of meats are gently dried at 90°C from fresh red meats and fish to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meat, organs, and cartilage provide virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive – only zinc is added.
- Infusions of freeze-dried liver enhance flavour naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for fussy eaters.
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ PHILOSOPHY
The gray wolf is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic dogs. While years of breeding have produced hundreds of ‘different looking wolves’, the internal workings of wolves and dogs remain unchanged so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our 5 Biologically Appropriate™ principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meats that dogs are evolved to eat.
All dogs have sharp teeth and a body designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat. ORIJEN is designed to nourish your dog according to his evolutionary and biological needs.
- 85% meats and fish (2/3 fresh or raw and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 38% richly nourishing meat protein
- 100% of red meat and fish ingredients from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods
- Our dried meats and fish are prepared from fresh meats and whole fish, deemed fit for human consumption, and dried at 90°C to create a concentrated source of protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- NO plant proteins extracts or concentrates (potato or pea protein)
- NO high-glycemic carbohydrates (tapioca, potato, rice)
- NO glutens or grains
Fresh meats and fish are the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the meats and fish are fresh or raw, supplying your dog with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of meats and fish are dehydrated at low temperature for a concentrated source of nourishing meat protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
In nature, dogs benefit from an assortment of meats. This variety is often lost in conventional dog foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient such as chicken or lamb that is highly processed and seldom fresh.
That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Regional Red features a rich diversity of fresh red meats and fish in Biologically Appropriate™WholePrey™ ratios to nourish for peak health:
- Fresh Angus Beef from Alberta Ranches
- Fresh Wild Boar from Alberta Ranches
- Fresh Plains Bison Alberta Ranches
- Fresh Romney Lamb Alberta Ranches
- Fresh Yorkshire Pork Alberta Farms
- Whole Wild Pilchard from North Vancouver Island
Mother Nature matched the nutrients in whole animals to perfectly meet your dog’s needs. ORIJEN WholePrey™ ratios of meat, organs, and cartilage mirror nature, and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic ingredients, so only zinc is added.
- Meat – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your dog’s needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium in natural form your dog’s body can easily absorb.
While dogs have no nutritional requirement for carbohydrates, conventional dog foods still contain large amounts of high-glycemic carbohydrates such as potato and tapioca, which are often cited as a leading cause of obesity and diabetes.
Biologically Appropriate™ ORIJEN Regional Red is a protein-rich and carbohydrate-limited food featuring lentils, chickpeas, squash, greens and fruits which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.
85% MEAT | 15% FRUITS & VEGETABLES
Fresh angus beef meat (11%), fresh wild boar meat (4%), fresh plains bison meat (4%), fresh or raw romney lamb meat (4%), fresh yorkshire pork meat (4%), fresh beef liver (4%), fresh beef tripe (4%), fresh whole pilchard (4%), fresh whole eggs (4%), fresh wild boar liver (4%), lamb (dehydrated, 4%), beef (dehydrated, 4%), whole herring (dehydrated, 4%), mutton (dehydrated, 4%), pork (dehydrated, 4%), fresh lamb liver (3.5%), fresh lamb tripe (3.5%), whole sardine (dehydrated, 3%), fresh pork liver (3%), whole red lentils, whole green lentils, whole green peas, lentil fiber, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, whole pinto beans, beef fat (1%), pork fat (1%), herring oil (1%), beef cartilage (dehydrated, 1%), beef liver (freeze-dried), beef tripe (freeze-dried), lamb liver (freeze-dried), lamb tripe (freeze-dried), fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole zucchini, fresh whole parsnips, fresh carrots, fresh whole red delicious apples, fresh whole bartlett pears, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh beet greens, fresh turnip greens, brown kelp, whole cranberries, whole blueberries, whole saskatoon berries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, Enterococcus faecium.
ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Zinc chelate: 100 mg.
NOURISH AS NATURE INTENDED
Your dog shares his eating anatomy with the gray wolf – which means he’s evolved for a diet rich and varied in fresh meat, protein and fat – not highly processed carbohydrates and starches.
Crude protein (min.) 38%
Crude fat (min.) 18%
Ash (max.) 9%
Crude fiber (max.) 5%
Moisture (max.) 12%
Calcium (min.) 2%
Phosphorus (min.) 1.4%
Omega-6 (min.) 2.3%
Omega-3 (min.) 1%
DHA (min.) 0.2%
EPA (min.) 0.15%
Glucosamine (min.) 400 mg/kg
Chondroitin (min.) 250 mg/kg